Thursday, August 7, 2008

Why can't we do housework in our sleep?

Just want to vent a little:)...

With two kids 3 and under I try my darndest to find time for housework! So of course the only time I have is during their naps. How much work can you get done in 1-2 hours???? I just rushed around here like a madwoman (while sweating up a storm) to get the floors mopped!!! Then BAM...Lauren is yelling "MOMMMMMMMY" and Noah wakes up and slips on the wet floors. What is a mom to do? Any suggestions..(besides call Molly Maids)????

5 comments:

Jenna Hoskinson said...

ugh, I soooo feel your pain. I was just thinking about posting something similar on my blog!! I can't stand a dirty house, but I feel like I live in a pig pen because I never get any house work done. And I only have one kid so no excuses for me other than laziness I guess. I just don't want to spend my only free time during the day (during her nap) doing housework!

amy luella said...

oh, i know what you mean...with hanna, I turn on music and we "dance" around cleaning, and i try, try to make a game of it...i usually can get a good stretch done this way...my advantage is having only one mobile right now though.

Janice said...

Another problem is finding not just the time, but the energy, especially being pregnant! I just had both - enough at least to get the floors mopped. Did you end up going to Tiny Town again yesterday?

Anonymous said...

Oh golly. My house is so use to being messy I think it would fall down if it were ever truly clean!

Wish we lived closer ~Carey

Rachel said...

I mop on Saturday's when my husband is home. If not we end up slipping on wet floors too! I've been really lazy with housework the last month. I just can't get motivated. I try to clean bathrooms and vacuum when the kids are awake though. I plug them into a show and go at it. I feel like I cleaned a lot today, but as I look around I am realizing that I didn't even make a dent!

Rachel (hosted Jenna's shower and was looking for Tornado posts)