Friday, September 28, 2007

Summerpast Farms

I was debating (as I usually do) if I should get the kids ready and head out to Summerpast Farms with one of my moms groups. Lauren was already cranky and Noah was being a terrible two. I said what the heck and decided to chance it. It's always a gamble. Either one of four things happen: Lauren is pissy & Noah is happy, Noah is pissy & Lauren is happy, their both pissy or (if I am REALLY lucky) they are both happy. Today was a good day. Lauren was fussy, but she at least let Noah and I have a good time at the Farm. I can now say that I am glad we went. I don't always say that:)


Summerpast Farms is nestled in the green rolling hills just outside of San Diego. You feel like you are somewhere in Maine, not in California. Rocky the Rooster was hanging out, Sam the cat was lounging around and the scent of the flowers was amazing. The weather was 70 and overcast which is my favorite. It definitely feels like fall. I was in heaven. And so was Noah.









2 comments:

Jenna Hoskinson said...

what a neat place. It is also feeling very much like fall here, the trees are all changing now and it's been really nice out - not too hot and not too cold yet.

Janice said...

I now know what you mean about having those rare good days where both kids are not having melt-downs! Getting out is really hard sometimes. Glad you had a great day with the kids - it looks beautiful there. We may have our first snow this weekend, but I'm not ready for that yet. We miss you guys here!