Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A year in review...

Unbelievable! We have been in San Diego for a year now! I can't believe it. What a whirlwind it has been. Here are some highlights and lowlights of our past year...

The Good

Being close to family has been amazing!
Everyone is healthy
We go to a great church
Wonderful visit from the Wheelers and Michael's dad
Started a Mom's bible study
Part of a wonderful small group
Met great friends
The weather is perfect
Sea World, The Zoo, beach, etc.
Reconnecting with old friends
Realizing that I don't need the things I think I have to have
Learned some pretty good lessons on money

The Bad

Potty Training (no fun)
Teething
Trips to the ER
No dishwasher
No washer/dryer
House prices START at 400/k if your lucky!
$4 for a gallon of gas (ouch)
Adjusting to 1300 sq ft.
Very difficult to connect...just met my neighbor for the first time!!! Crazy!!!
Missing Colorado friends, family and skiing

And the Ugly..

Michael's looooong hours
Losing my job
The economys effect on Michael's job
The terrible fires
Too many darn people!!!

As I sit here looking at my three lists I am thanking God for all the amazing blessings he has poured over our lives here in San Diego. Yes we have made some sacrifices, and have had a challenging year but it truly boils down to 1 Corinthians 13:13 "There are three things that will endure-faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love." Sometimes life seems overwhelming but when you sit in silence and count your blessings it really isn't that bad afterall

Our friends in San Diego..


2 comments:

Karrie said...

Wow...I can't believe that an entire year has flown by so quickly! It was really nice to see your "good" list and will praying that the "bad and ugly" will start working their way on out. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are here!